Like everyone else, I too made New Year's resolutions. Here they are in no particular order:
- More exercise, specifically yoga, every week. My goal is 3x a week, 1 hr a piece
- Blog once a week. I'm usually pretty good about this, but I started slacking towards the end of last year.
- maintain 0 inbox, 0 desktop. Alright, so not zero desktop, but manageable.
- make 5 video games or video game prototypes this year. That works out to a game every 2 1/2 months, which means a game is due in about 7 weeks.
- make 5 compositions this year.
Well, here's the first installment of my fifth goal. I've been trying to write a piece that incorporates samples of clapping scallops for a while now, and this piece actually does it. The longest part of making this track was cutting up the scallop samples so that they are rhythmically exact at 165bmp. The shortest part of making this track was the vocals. I recorded them from bed in a single 2 minute take.